The governmental ethics law services offered by the Sutton Law Firm include:
- Advising elected officials, appointed commissioners and government
employees whether they have a "conflict of interest" with respect to pending votes or other
ethics issues, including potential violations of Government Code section 1090.
- Assisting elected officials, appointed commissioners and government
employees in preparing their personal financial disclosure reports (FPPC Form 700).
- Advising businesses, nonprofits, lobbyists and individuals regarding state,
local and federal restrictions on "gifts" to public officials, including rules regulating gifts to
an agency, "behested donations,"etc.
- Counseling current and former public officials regarding "revolving door"
prohibitions and restrictions after leaving public office.
- Representing clients in enforcement proceedings before the Fair Political
Practices Commission, local ethics commissions, and other regulatory bodies regarding
alleged violations of conflict of interest, gift and other ethics laws.
Campaign & Election Law
Governmental Ethics Law