The Sutton Law Firm has a staff of Political Compliance Specialists which provide
comprehensive bookkeeping and reporting services, under the supervision of our attorneys.
Reporting services offered by the Sutton Law Firm include:
- Setting up state, local and federal candidate committees, ballot measure
committees, PACs and independent expenditure committees, and preparing and filing their
campaign reports (including 10-day and 24-hour reports) and tax returns.
- Maintaining committee bank accounts, collecting and depositing contributions,
paying committee expenses, and preparing regular financial statements, in full compliance
with all applicable legal requirements.
- Reviewing committee records in preparation for audits by the Franchise Tax
Board, Federal Elections Commission or local enforcement agencies.
- Preparing and filing state, local and federal lobbying disclosure reports.
- Preparing and filing state and federal tax returns for nonprofit organizations, as
well as reports filed by nonprofits with the Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts
and the Secretary of State.
Campaign & Election Law
Governmental Ethics Law